AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using fieldmappings with arcpy.FeatureClasstoFeatureClass_conversion method

Question asked by MCusumano on Aug 6, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2012 by MCusumano
I'm trying to copy feature from one feature class to another with only certain fields and an SQL query. I can't seem to get the field mappings object to work right. Here is what I have:

import arcpy from arcpy import env  arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True  in_path =r"Database Connections/Sun120 - 5151.sde/CONVERSION." in_feature = "CPTESTPOINTINSPECTION" out_path = r"E:/Rich Anderson/CP_ReChecks/" FileGDBName = "Test.gdb" infc1 = in_path + in_feature  try:       fieldmappings = arcpy.FieldMappings()          fieldmappings.addTable(infc1)      fldmap_READING = arcpy.FieldMap()      fldmap_READING.addInputField(infc1, "READING")     fld_READING = fldmap_READING.outputField     fld_READING.name = "READING"     fldmap_READING.outputField = fld_READING     fieldmappings.addFieldMap(fldmap_READING)                            arcpy.FeatureClassToFeatureClass_conversion(in_path + in_feature, out_path + FileGDBName, "Max_CP_Inspection_Date_Test", " \"READING\" > 85 ", fieldmappings)  except Exception as e:     print e

This works but just adds a new field called "READING_1" with all null values to the output feature class along with all of the other fields (including the original "READING" field and its values).

How can I get the feature class to feature class tool to only copy the fields I want? I've been at this for over four hours! Thanks...

Outcomes