Arcpy MakeGraph Problem

07-24-2012 12:33 PM
KevinSlover
New Contributor
I am trying to write python code that will loop over feature datasets in an FGDB and create a graph for each.  The code runs through the first feature dataset fine with no problems and creates the graph.  The second feature dataset gives me the error:

ERROR 001020: Input series error.  incompatible parameter list.
  Click 'Always reset parameters...' check box to reset parameters.

I have double/triple/quadrupled checked to make sure the right fields were in the feature dataset, so don't think this is the problem.
I have created temporary template file (.tee) for each datasource trying to work my way around this, but that does not work.

The problem I am running into is there is no way to "check a box" within Arcpy.  Any thoughts?  I need to stay in the Arcpy world for distribution sake..

Thanks in advance
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KimOllivier
Occasional Contributor III
It is a bit hard to give advice without seeing the script. You should add some print statements and tests to see if you are getting what you expect. Usually the problem is that I have no data on the subsequent pass because of an unexpected data value. If I have NULL values or empty featureclasses I get all sorts of strange errors that are meaningless.

I moved to a python module matplotlib http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/for programming graphs because it was much more flexible. I know you want to only use geoprocessing tools but this was my resort, after all the ArcGIS graphing tools are an external package themselves with a thin wrapper of limited functionality.
0 Kudos