AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error handling on locked geodatabases

Question asked by MCusumano on Jul 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 by MCusumano
I am doing some error handling on a python script that loads features into a file geodatabase from SDE and then restarts an ArcServer instance. I'm stuck at the point where I try to get the process to run through an inability to delete an old file GDB due to a file lock. Here is the code I am trying (snippet from full script):

try:                   # Delete Old File Geodatabase                 shutil.rmtree(OldFileGDBPath)                 print "Deleting Old File Geodatabase..."                 logging.info("Deleted %s" %(OldFileGDBPath))                  # Rename New File Geodatabase                 os.rename(FileGDBPath, OldFileGDBPath)                 print "Renaming New File Geodatabase..."                 logging.info("Renamed %s %s" %(FileGDBPath, OldFileGDBPath))          except (IOError, TypeError, NameError) as e:                 print "I/O error({0}): {1}".format(e.errno, e.strerror)                 pass

However this does nothing to prevent the un-handled exception and stops the program from running. Thoughts?

Outcomes