Upgrading to Version 2.3 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS

Jump to solution
07-06-2012 07:58 PM
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hello

After upgrading to version 2.3, the help documentation doesn't seem to be upgraded as well in XCode. Anything else needs to be done for this to happen?

Also, I'm trying to configure the popup to allow for editing using the new approach as follows: (previous approach via AGSPopupInfo)

// Show popup for graphic because user tapped on callout accessory button
    self.popupVC = [[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc] initWithPopupInfo:info graphic:graphic usingNavigationControllerStack:NO];
    self.popupVC.currentPopup.allowEdit = YES;

But it doesn't seem to work - Popup shows but doesn't allow editing! Any idea where's the problem?

Thanks.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Try doing this works?

AGSPopup *popup = [AGSPopup popupWithGraphic:graphic popupInfo:info];
popup.allowEdit = YES;
self.popupVC = [[[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc]initWithPopups:[NSArray arrayWithObject:popup]]autorelease];

Regards,
Nimesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Try doing this works?

AGSPopup *popup = [AGSPopup popupWithGraphic:graphic popupInfo:info];
popup.allowEdit = YES;
self.popupVC = [[[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc]initWithPopups:[NSArray arrayWithObject:popup]]autorelease];

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hi Nimesh

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it as follows for it to work.

self.popupVC = [[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc] initWithPopups:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:popup, nil]];

Also, is the help documentation upgraded to match with changes in version 2.3?

Thanks.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, here is the v2.3 documentation.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hi Nimesh

Noted & thanks. However, the help documentation in Xcode doesn't seem to be updated as well to match with Version 2.3. Anyway, I'll just refer to the online documentation as suggested by you.

Best Regards
Ong CF
0 Kudos
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hi Nimesh

Just to probe further. If I load in a webmap (see below), then how do I set the popup to allow editing?

self.popupVC = [[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc] initWithWebMap:self.webmap forFeature:graphic usingNavigationControllerStack:NO];

Thanks.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
In case of web map, you should do it like this...

AGSPopupInfo *popupInfo = [self.webMap popupInfoForFeatureLayer:(AGSFeatureLayer*)graphic.layer];
AGSPopup *popup = [AGSPopup popupWithGraphic:graphic popupInfo:popupInfo];
popup.allowEdit = YES;
self.popupVC = [[[AGSPopupsContainerViewController alloc]initWithPopups:[NSArray arrayWithObjectopup]]autorelease];

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
c_f_ong
New Contributor III
Hi Nimesh

Got it & thanks.

Rgds
Ong CF
0 Kudos