Dynamic table in layout based on data driven pages

07-05-2012 10:40 AM
PBSEngineering_and_Environment
New Contributor II
Good morning.

I was trying to find a way to add a table to my data driven pages where the table updates based on what features from a layer are visible in the current layout view (based on a strip index.

Specifically, each page will be a 1:200 scale along a 100 mile long linear corridor. I have 322 pages based on my layout/strip index. Each page includes anywhere from 2 to 15 soil type polygons based on my location. I would like to have a table that list the 2, 5 12... however many soil types are shown on each page based on information in the soils attribute table. I would like to list 2 attributes, soil code, and soil type. Ideally automated in some fashion since, as I stated, there will be 322 pages in my finished set.

From my research it looks like this can be done with the Production Mapping extension but this extension is not available to me at the moment and not an option to buy for this one project.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

-Chris-
3 Replies
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
There is a sample on ArcGIS Online that displays graphic tables, not dynamic tables.  In other words, a graphic table with 15 rows and 3 columns is displayed on the layout but the tabular information is dynamic from page to page.  We will soon be posting a truely dynamic table sample that is now possible with the new arcpy.mapping 10.1 cloning capabilities.

Check out:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=af4fe32a93554eadbd3be3b0e55326be

Jeff
0 Kudos
PBSEngineering_and_Environment
New Contributor II
Thanks Jeff.

Could you try posting your link again however? I get a mesasge (even after signing in) that say "Error. You do not have permissions to access this resource."

Do you mean 'tabular information is dynamic from page to page' as in itis pulling from features in the current view (based on the DDP index feature) or dynamic from page to page in that I would have to create unique tables in advance and then set it up so that page 1 would insert table 1, page 2 insert table 2, etc...

I could do this, but creating 322 unique tables (for 322 DDP pages doesn't sound like fun).

-Chris-
0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try connecting again?  I made the group public (no invite needed).

If that doesn't work, then go to ArcGIS Online --> Groups --> Search for "arcpy.mapping".  Try opening that group and clicking on the resource titled "MapBookWithGraphicTables_10_v1"

Jeff
0 Kudos