AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating Data Driven Pages Based on Selection

Question asked by MCusumano on Jun 21, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 by MCusumano
I am working on creating an automated process that exports data driven pages to JPEG images based on a set of joins and spatial queries inside of a map document. All of the features and tables I am working with are in an SDE environment and cannot be modified. I am going through the process manually first before I begin trying to automate everything in Python.

I am stuck at the point where I need to create data driven pages based on a current selection. I have setup a join from a feature to a table keeping only matching features, and then performed a spatial query on those matching features with another feature to arrive at a final selection of 771 records out of 989. The next step is to build data-driven pages based only on these selected features, and not on the entire feature. I have gone through the documentation and have not come up with anything. Again, ideally I would not be creating a new feature, but it is looking like I may have to in a temporary workspace before setting up the map book.

Thanks.

Outcomes