Select to view content in your preferred language

Tap (click) tolerance

06-14-2012 06:03 AM
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Hi

In the JavaScript API (and in fact the main desktop) you can specify a click tolerance for the ID tool - are there any plans to enable us to somehow specify on our web maps the tolerance for mobile taps - my maps use mainly point data - getting the exact point with a chunky finger is proving a bit difficult

Ta

ACM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
deleted-user-ATjHIWsdQYmT
Deactivated User
The tolerance is set as a property of the IdentifyParameters().
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/android/api/com/esri/core/tasks/ags/identify/Identi...

See:  setTolerance();

public void setTolerance(int tolerance)Sets the tolerance. The tolerance is the acceptable buffer distance, in screen pixels, around the geometry parameter that the IdentifyTask will identify features. The geometry type is specified by using the setGeometry() method or by passing in a geometry object during the instantiation of the IdentifyParameters object.

By default tolerance value is 5.
Example: if the geometry type is defined as an ArcGIS geometry Point and a tolerance of 2 is used, any feature within a 2 pixel radius of the point will be identified.
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Honored Contributor
Thanks - but I guess I could only use that if I'd used the SDK and built my own Android App - I take it there is no way of doing it with the out of the box Esri App?

Cheers

ACM
0 Kudos
deleted-user-ATjHIWsdQYmT
Deactivated User
Thanks - but I guess I could only use that if I'd used the SDK and built my own Android App - I take it there is no way of doing it with the out of the box Esri App?

Cheers

ACM

Not that I'm aware of.  An alternative is to set the display scale for your point data.  Perhaps only make it visible when you are zoomed in close enough to where you can easily identify points.
0 Kudos