Add existing data to geodataset for schematic DataSet in Geo Database

05-22-2012 03:56 AM
balasubramani
New Contributor
Hi,
    I am woriking on schematic dataset in geodatabase for Electric Network.  I have already created Schematic dataset for single town.  Now Some new towns added dataset has come.  So I want import that new geodataset and configure that old schematic dataset in that same Geodatabase.  Anybody have any idea.

Thanks & Regards,
Bala
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Bala,

It isn't completely clear to me what you are trying to do here.  A schematic dataset can be configured to work with many different electric networks (geometric networks).  Those datasets can be in completely different databases than the schematic dataset itself.  So in the database, if you bring in a new feature dataset and create a geometric network on it, you can use the same schematic dataset.  How is a different question.  A schematic dataset can have 1 to many diagram templates.  Diagram templates are what understand what and where the incoming data will be.  So you could have 1 diagram template per geodataset (by town etc...), or you could allow your existing diagram template to also be able to work with the new geodataset.  If you are just adding new geodata into the existing dataset, then you don't need to do anything on the schematic side if it was already working with the old geodata.  Also, a geodatabase can have more than 1 schematic dataset.  So you could configure 1 schematic dataset per geometric network, or just use 1 schematic dataset with multiple diagram templates, or just 1 dataset and 1 template.  Up to you and your user workflow.  If you can give some more details, maybe I can help more.
0 Kudos