Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Add Features Interactively

Jump to solution
04-02-2012 12:37 PM
WesleyMarcell
Occasional Contributor
I am working on migrating a hydrology script from 9.2 to 10.0.  I have the script running using a test point.  When I change the input to allow the user to interactively select a point on the map the script hangs and runs indefinitely.  I have tried to immediately do a featureclass to featureclass conversion of the user input and a few other methods with the same results.  I am using the test point for the schema.

One difference between the test point and the interactive point is that the test point's shape is POINT ZM where the user point appears to just be a point.  Not sure if this would make a difference.  I really cannot figure out why a test point will work and the user input does not.  Anyone ever seen this before or have any ideas of how to handle it? Is there a way to error check this if the script just hangs?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WesleyMarcell
Occasional Contributor
It ended up being pretty simple.  I did not have the python script set to run in process in its toolbox properties.

I ended up running into another problem where the script was not handling a table input correctly.  I had made a table view previously in the script and even though the user entered a dbf as a variable for a join, the script would try to join the previous table view which obviously failed.

To handle this I had the script pull in the dbf table at the very beginning of the script and write it to the output database.  Then when I ended up calling the table for the join, I pointed at the FGDB version I created instead of the variable in memory.

No idea what was going on... probably some buggy code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WesleyMarcell
Occasional Contributor
It ended up being pretty simple.  I did not have the python script set to run in process in its toolbox properties.

I ended up running into another problem where the script was not handling a table input correctly.  I had made a table view previously in the script and even though the user entered a dbf as a variable for a join, the script would try to join the previous table view which obviously failed.

To handle this I had the script pull in the dbf table at the very beginning of the script and write it to the output database.  Then when I ended up calling the table for the join, I pointed at the FGDB version I created instead of the variable in memory.

No idea what was going on... probably some buggy code.
0 Kudos