Error using OD cost matrix as CSV executable.

04-02-2012 09:26 AM
KyleHubbard
New Contributor
I am calculating the travel time and distance between a series of points using the OD cost matrix solver in the Network Analyst extension. I have a large number of Origins and Destinations so I batch processed the solver using the "Network Analyst Origin-Destination Cost Matrix as CSV" created by Patrick Stevens and found at this link. http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/ArcObjects-.NET-API-Code-Gallery/details?entryID=779B6061-1...

My issue is that I get different results when using the solver in ArcMap as compared to the executable file above. The difference is that for a subset of the data the executable file produces no results for every combination of origin-destination while the solver in ArcMap produces the distance and time for some of the origin-destination combinations.

As far as I can tell I am putting the exact same data set into each process. I add my origins and destinations to the OD-Cost Matrix layer and save it as a layer and use the command line to run the executable file. I use the same layer in ArcMap and select solve which produces different results.

I would expect some combinations of origin-destinations to be non-routable, as they are on islands. But this doesnt explain why the executable file fails to calculate the distance and time between the combinations that are routable. I dont know where to begin to troubleshoot and determine where the error occurs with the executable file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor
Hello, Kyle!

You are correct that the results in ArcMap and the results in the CSV generation executable should match.  Is it possible for you to share your network dataset and the layer file you are using as input?  I would like to reproduce and debug the problem.

Thanks
0 Kudos