Updating and Deleting features while in offline mode

Jump to solution
02-29-2012 11:15 AM
deleted-user-4bdbdJY7UQ_i
New Contributor II
Hi,

I have been trying to customize the Online/Offline and UC sample apps, and I am stuck.

I have not been able to find any sample code or reference that would enable me to delete/update geometry/update attributes while the layer is offline.  I am doing just fine with adding new features, though.

All the samples that allow updating/deleting capabilities seem to require that the feature layer is connected to the server.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Mark
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
In the OnlineOfflineEditingSample look for writeAddedFeatures and readAddedFeatures methods in OnlineOfflineFeatureLayer.m code file.

Regards,
Nimesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor II
I am replying to my own thread to try to clarify my question.

1) I would like to take a feature layer offline for editing.  No problems doing this with the SDK.

2) While offline, I would like to add additional features to this feature layer. Again no problems doing this with the SDK.

3) If I make a mistake and want to delete the feature that I just added offline - I am not able to do this as far as I know while I am offline.

4) If I want to update geometry or attributes of an existing feature - I am not able to do this as far as I know while I am offline.

I would like to be able to do #3 and #4 if it is possible.  If it is not possible with this version of the SDK, I need to know this so that I do
not spend anymore countless hours trying to make it work.

Mark
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Mark,

#3 and #4, both are possible. When you are in Offline mode and add features they are getting added as a text to the text file. You can grab that text file and perform #3 and #4.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
New Contributor II
Thanks, Nimesh.  There is hope!  I have poured through the reference and cannot find anything on the text file storage.  Would you be able to clue me in on how to call this file?

Mark
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
In the OnlineOfflineEditingSample look for writeAddedFeatures and readAddedFeatures methods in OnlineOfflineFeatureLayer.m code file.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos