murdoch

populate annotation feature class through code

Discussion created by murdoch on Apr 28, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 by rlcave
I'm trying to populate a blank annotation feature class through ArcObjects code, reading in the column values from a remote annotation class.  When I go to view the output annotation file in ArcMap I get an "ArcMap Drawing Errors" window with the message that there is a "Drawing error due to invalid annotation features". 

I'm using an IFeatureCursor to edit the target annotation feature class.  However, when I get to the "OVERRIDE" column, I can't push the old value into the new feature class.  I've read that this OVERRIDE column is maintained internally by ArcObjects.  That's fine, but after I've finished editing, I discover that the OVERRIDE column has NULL values and ArcMap will not display the new annotation feature class features.

I'm also reading and writing the ELEMENT BLOB column through ArcObjects, but that seems to be working (BLOBs are going into the ELEMENT column in the target anno feature class).

I think the problem with the output annotation is the NULL value in the OVERRIDE column.  Can anyone help me figure out how to populate that OVERRIDE column through ArcObjects?

Thanks,
Andrew

Outcomes