Question on querying a stand-alone table and routing

02-20-2012 08:29 PM
ArchanaSahu
New Contributor
Sorry  for posting following questions on 2 forums. I am desperate to know the answers as my current project rely on these questions and I am new to android development. ROUTING is the major thing I am supposed to implement for our campus. I have already developed a web application for finding route using java web-adf and network analyst extension. But, I don't find any supported API for android.

I have 2 questions on ArcGIS API for android:

1) Can I query a stand-alone table using query attribute task on android?

e.g my map service includes an EMPLOYEE (containing non-spatial data) table and BUILDING layer (spatial data) which are RELATED many-to-one (one building on a university campus has many employees--faculty and staff) . Can I query EMPLOYEE table to find which building an employee works for?

2) Once I find the building, can I show a ROUTE from one building to another on the campus map? I have a geocoding service for finding building coordinates. I have NAServer service with network analyst extension for on-campus routing too which I used for developing a web application to show route. But, is there an API for android to solve route and show direction from one building to another for campus visitors?

I am new to android application development. Any help or pointer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Archana
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenLaut
New Contributor
Do you got more information on this topic? I have to do nearly the same thing and I would appreciate any help.
0 Kudos
ArchanaSahu
New Contributor
Do you got more information on this topic? I have to do nearly the same thing and I would appreciate any help.

By personally sending email to ESRI (arcgis4android@esri.com), I got following reply.

"At the moment we don�??t have plans for supporting NAServer in the next release which is scheduled for March 2012.
Although we will be supporting related tables, and will probably have a sample too.
Apart from that we will also have a Portal api  docs/samples will be provided."
0 Kudos