Accessing ArcPad Geoprocessing tools with Python

Jump to solution
02-07-2012 04:10 AM
RoyHewitt
New Contributor III
I'd like to write a simple script that automates the arcpad check out / check in process.  I've been unable to find any helpfiles for the geoprocessing tools (I know they're only associated with the ArcPad extension).

I put the tool in model builder and exported as a python script to find that the tool is: arcpy.ArcPadCheckin_ArcPad()
I don't know what the parameters for the tool are.  I've looked through google, the ArcMap helpfiles and ArcPad help files and haven't found anything of use.

Can someone please point me in the right direction -- anything describing the parameters would be much appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
I don't know the specifics of the tool, but type this in a python window and it will give you the parameters.
help("arcpy.ArcPadCheckin_ArcPad")

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
I don't know the specifics of the tool, but type this in a python window and it will give you the parameters.
0 Kudos
jungao
by
New Contributor II
Here's what I got: "no Python documentation found for 'arcpy.ArcPadCheckin_ArcPad'"

Will try tech support. See if they have anything.

0 Kudos
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
Do you have a compatible ArcPad extension installed?

Edit: You may have to manually import the toolbox.
Eg for ArcPad 10.0 with ArcGIS 10.x
arcpad_box_path = r'C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\ArcPad10.0\DesktopTools10\ArcPad Tools.tbx'
arcpy.ImportToolbox(arcpad_box_path)
0 Kudos