ARC Interface

04-26-2010 02:11 PM
PhilPense
New Contributor
I write as a systems administrator partnered with a software developer. We are considering a task that would require that the developed mobile app be able to 'interface' with ARC GIS. ARC GIS is not known to my developer and so have opted to inquire if there is any knowledgebase for this topic. We are following up with the intended enduser. Much thanks for any guidance as I await a reply.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor
I write as a systems administrator partnered with a software developer.   We are considering a task that would require that the developed mobile app be able to 'interface' with ARC GIS.  ARC GIS is not known to my developer and so have opted to inquire if there is any knowledgebase for this topic.  We are following up with the intended enduser.  Much thanks for any guidance as I await a reply.

One way for a mobile app you're developing to interface with ArcGIS is by using the REST API to use map services and other geo services like geoprocessing, geometry, etc.

I realize your post is from April and perhaps no longer timely, but I'm going to move this to the REST API forum, or if you want, you can repost something new either there or in the ArcGIS Mobile or ArcGIS for iOS forums, depending on the technology you're using.

Or feel free to contact me directly by my twitter link below, we can discuss, and I can get you connected with the right people here at Esri who can help.
0 Kudos