hylndr

Working in Edit session, trying to go from Edit Sketch to Feature...

Discussion created by hylndr on Jan 24, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 by agray1
Howdy All,
This one should be easy, but for the life of me I can't make heads or tails /sense out of it... I am trying to write the code for a button/command that the user will click after they've finshed a "Edit Sketch"... I want to take the sketch (which is a polygon in this case) and get to the feature that it created... I need to modify a couple of attributes, then run a "select by location" on it to get the underlining lines (from a different layer) that intersect it. then clear the selection on the "Polygon" layer and run a topology operation of "Split polygons" with the lines selected... Seems pretty simple when i go through the motions manually... but I can't seem to get ther from here with the code version... :-) I've been through the numerous webpages on the resource page under "Developing with ArcGIS - Learning ArcObjects - Editing Data" and under "Developing with ArcGIS - Learning ArcObjects - Extending ArcObjects - Editor Framework Customizations"... But It's not clear to me what I need to next... Basically there's a new feature in the polygon layer, that is also the current edit sketch, that I would like to manipulate as a feature via code... Can I get to the feature from the edit sketch, or do I have to do something else to get to the newly created feature??? then how difficult is it to do the "Select By Location" operation???
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Orcutt
GIS Developer/Consultant
City of Cincinnati - Cincinnati Area GIS (CAGIS)
(513) 850-1335 (cell)
Kevin.Orcutt@cincinnati-oh.gov
www.cagis.org

Outcomes