Attachment Help; Multiple records, same location.

01-06-2012 02:58 PM
BoLewis
New Contributor
v.1750

1. Do you have to create and utilize a .lyr file for attachments to work?  This seems to be the only way I can get attachments to show in the popup.

2.  If using a .lyr file, is there anyway to control what shows up in the first dialog screen when multiple records are found within the same feature?
As it stands, the name of the feature class appears, then a random field is displayed for the records returned.  You click on the random field name (which is identical for all the records so it is useless) and then you can view the attributes and attachments.  Is there anyway to assign a value of the field, not the field name itself in the first pop up screen when multiple features are selected??  As there is no back button this is not acceptable to users.

3.If you add a file geodatabase feature class to your map and select it, you get the ability to have the value of a field show up, which is helpful to
select which record you want.  However, I can't get attachments to work by this method.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KyleSchweizer
New Contributor

I'm using Explorer Desktop for the first time and am having the exact same issue mentioned in #2.  Is this still a problem 2 1/2 years later?!  I added a "Name" field to fix the pop-up title as recommended in other posts, but haven't came across anything to fix this problem with multiple items selected.  It works fine in ArcMap.

2.jpg1.jpg

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Kyle,

The first field containing 'name' in the field name will be used, in the multiple features found list.

and yes 2 1/2 years later it still is not the ideal solution.

Mark

0 Kudos
KyleSchweizer
New Contributor

Thanks Mark,

I ended up switching over to ArcReader.  I didn't realize it was a free download and it enables someone to view an exact replica of the ArcMap document, which is all I wanted to do.

Kyle

0 Kudos