spatial analyst functions not working

11-11-2011 11:34 AM
MarkLung
New Contributor
I have a single user ArcMap 9.2 with spatial analyst extension. In the tool/extensions box the spatial analyst tool is checked and no other indications are given. However, when I try to use any spatial analyst tool (e.g. IDW or distance tool) they do not work.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
What is the error message?  Are you sure you have enabled the extension prior to its use?
0 Kudos
MarkLung
New Contributor
When I try to, for example, interpolate to raster using IDW, the computer seems to stall (with the hourglass running) and then no error message and a Microsoft general "Don't send" message comes up. I click on "Don't send" and the whole ArcMap closes. The spatial extension box is checked in the extensions list, so I think it is enabled.
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Need more details... are you reading files from paths with spaces?  geodatabases? etc etc screen grabs of your IDW dialog would help
0 Kudos
MarkLung
New Contributor
I am a pretty basic user of spatial analyst. What I am trying to do is use a point file/layer to create a raster using IDW. It has worked in the past on this computer. The point file has no spaces in the path and the file is in simple folder. Is it possible the license for spatial analyst is expired, even though the box is checked in the extensions window?
0 Kudos
JayanKarunasinghe
New Contributor
What is the error message?  Are you sure you have enabled the extension prior to its use?

Hi How are you

I am pretty new to spatial analyst of arcgis. could you please help me to to regression and create maps using map algebra
thanks
Jayan

jayank30@gmail.com
0 Kudos