Loading a map Package throws an exception

09-27-2011 01:03 AM
Labels (1)
MatthewTucknott
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have created a very simple map package using Desktop. When I run the template WPF app up pointing to this map package I get a window with the esri water mark but then I get an exception.

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Local: Starting GIS Runtime: c:\program files\arcgis\runtime400\bin\ArcGISRuntime.exe  dataDir="C:\Users\mmp\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISRuntime400_ArcGISWPFMapApplication12356" appPid=2356 urlPrefix=2c4468bf61c2498fa3a8af49305b8349 license=runtimestandard,101,ecp937521763,2-apr-2012,HC4XTK8HRDAJEMAJH158
'ArcGISWPFMapApplication1.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\UIAutomationTypes\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\UIAutomationTypes.dll'
ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Local: GIS Runtime (license=Valid) started at http://127.0.0.1:50000/2c4468bf61c2498fa3a8af49305b8349/arcgis/rest/services
A first chance exception of type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Local.LocalServerException' occurred in ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Local.LocalServerException' occurred in ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll

Additional information: Failed to create service test2 MapServer. SharedMemoryLinkClosedException Error code: 500

BTW running it in its online mode works fine. So I guess it might be the map package.

I am running on windows 7 64-bit with Visual Studio 2010. I get a similar sort of issue when running in Java.

Cheers

Tuckers
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KerrieScholefield
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

When using the WPF templates are you placing the license string in the code behind?

Cheers,

Kerrie
0 Kudos
MatthewTucknott
New Contributor III
Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have put the license string in the debug output window indicates that I have a valid license.

Regards

Tuckers
0 Kudos
KerrieScholefield
Occasional Contributor
Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have put the license string in the debug output window indicates that I have a valid license.

Regards

Tuckers

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue with specified license string and a map package. To check if it is an issue with that specific map package would it be possible for you to try another map package such as USCitiesStates.mpk from the WPF sample data?

Cheers

Kerrie
0 Kudos
MatthewTucknott
New Contributor III
Hi,

I cannot reproduce the issue with specified license string and a map package. To check if it is an issue with that specific map package would it be possible for you to try another map package such as USCitiesStates.mpk from the WPF sample data?

Cheers

Kerrie

Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for the quick reply. It was something very simple, as usual, the extent in the MainWindow.xaml was in metres and the map is in degrees 🙂

Also once I put the license string in I was getting a different debug output not one I originally copied.

Thanks for the help

Tuckers
0 Kudos