achakaInfo

Failure to execute GWR (Error 999998: Unexpected error)

Discussion created by achakaInfo on Jul 18, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 by lrosenshein-esristaff
Dear Lauren Rosenshein,

I recently downloaded the ArcGIS 9.3 version of the Regression tutorial (Analyzing 911 response using Regression) from the blogs website. All the tutorial steps work well except the last step (Step 8: GWR Predictions). The model fails to run and I get an error "Error 999998: Unexpected Error. Failed to to execute GWR".

I checked for solutions. Nathan Wood wrote about a similar problem on this forum on 02-28-2011. The next day he wrote that he had sorted out the problem by shortening the field names of the coefficients. I have tried providing shorter names than those provided in the tutorial but that does not solve the problem. Although ArcGIS Desktop Help says this is an operating system error,  I am wondering if you or anyone else at ESRI could provide a solution for this problem considering that the tutorial is was provided by ESRI. Am using ArcGIS 9.3 on Windows 7 Professional operating system.

I thank you very much for the informative tutorials and videos that you post on the blogs website.

George Chaka
Lilongwe, Malawi

Outcomes