Multipoint Layer Missing when creating Map Service

04-03-2010 10:47 AM
JamesGraham
New Contributor III
I have successfully created a new Map Service using ArcGIS Server Manager.  When I go to the REST AGS Services Directory, I noticed that all of my layers are in the service -- except one:  a multipoint feature class. 

All feature classes that are in the originating MXD are located in the same place.  Any idea why I can't see my multipoint layer?  Are they not allowed?

Thanks for any help!

J. Graham
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesGraham
New Contributor III
Interesting.  I converted this layer from Multipoint to Point (using ET tools), saved it in same location as other layers in my file gdb, removed original multipoint layer, then republished again to AGS.  The layer is still not appearing.

I get no errors when the map service is being built... it just doesn't create the layer for some reason.   My services directory goes like this:

*  LayerA (0)
*  LayerB (1)
*  LayerD (3)
*  LayerE  (4)

Any ideas on what I can check?

J Graham
0 Kudos
JamesGraham
New Contributor III
Newb mistake:  after updating anything in the mxd and republishing it to your server, always remember to copy over your new/updated data. 

Oddly, ArcGIS Server manager doesn't seem to complain much if a layer's data is present on your local environment, but isn't yet up on the server.

All the log file says is " WARNING   The Layer:'***' in Map: '***' is invalid. 

Good luck,
James
0 Kudos