Zonal Histogram doesn't generate output or returns error 010073

06-21-2011 03:59 AM
TobiasTresselt
New Contributor
Hello,

I want to calculate Zonal Histograms for my dataset, but I don't receive any output (although success message is given). I think this could occur due to wrong raster snapping/extent.
Nevertheless, if I use only ONE zone which is correctly snapped, I receive a message with error code 010073. This means I have too many different zones, but I only have ONE. I experimented a lot, but can't find the answer. Bug or just my stupidity?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TobiasTresselt
New Contributor
After some more tries I figured out that it didn't work because I used a TIFF raster (help doesn't say it wouldn't work with TIFF). After converting the raster to a GRID it worked.

BUT:
1st problem:
I have about 11,000 zone features so my result table has about 11,000 columns. I can't find a way to export this for further analysis. E.g. I can't join it to the zone features, because the zones are in the columns, not in the rows.

2nd problem:
Some of the zone features overlap and the raster cells can only belong to one zone. Therefore I have some zones that contain almost no raster cells.
Is it possible to incrementally create a histogram for each zone and then merge the results to one table?

I'm thankful for any hint in this case...
0 Kudos