Am I missing something? Missing entries in Commands categories list

04-11-2011 08:04 AM
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III
Hi

I'm just venturing into the world of addins.  I have followed the walkthrough for a simple "hello world" as well as building a few of the samples.  Yest when I come to add the the relevant categories are missing from the command list.

So, for the walkthrough I am missing "Add-In Controls" (I left it as default) and for the samples it is "Developer Samples"

This is on a laptop that had 10 freshly installed today, never has had any esri stuff on it before.

Cheers

ACM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KirillLykov
New Contributor
To be honest, I didn't understand your problem very well. Have you successfully created Add-In project using ArcGIS VS projects?
Anyway, in order to use all this stuff you need to install "ArcGIS 10.0 .net SDK" in addition to your ArcGIS 10.0.
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Yep all of that is installed and OK.  I build the addin and then can see it i Add In Manager in ArcMap.  What I cannot see is the category in the commands tab of the customize window I have created the addin in - for example "Developer Samples"

However, I have just ran ArcMap as a local admin user and it all works fine.

So, there is some restriction on our normal accounts here that is preventing this last bit of registratin working.

I have just logged this as a call with ESRI(UK) (I don't think they are yet Esri(UK) )

Cheers

Adrian
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
PS  Adding the built addin using the "Add from file" button, from the built location of "My Documents\ArcGIS\Addins\<guid> I fet "no gui components found in this add-in" and nothing is added.

Adding the same file from a different location I don't get this, but neither do I get the category added to the list, it refreshes the list but doesn't add anything

Cheers

ACM
0 Kudos