ArcServer cache tiles not created

08-20-2020 04:59 PM
AmyWilson
New Contributor

Hello,

I am publishing a map to our server and the final two cache levels are not getting created. I created and am using a Tiling Scheme File at the time of publishing and using the same file for a different map service gives the same results. All but the final two scales are completed. No tiles are created when I use the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles after it's published  to recreate empty tiles either

I dont see any error messages and I've been told there is still a lot of space on the folder. 

Could it be another setting somewhere?

In the Configuration settings for Publish Map Service, could these settings be limiting it?

3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do you see the caching service running on the server?

ArcGIS Enterprise

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AmyWilson
New Contributor

Hi George,

No caching service still running on the server itself either.

Caching maps is new to me so trying some other settings here. I'll also be getting the server and desktop software updated over the weekend which might be part of the issue as well.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would start the caching job after the upgrade on the server and see how that goes.

Here is some good documentation on map service cache: Strategies for creating map cache tiles—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Tips and best practices for map caches—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

--- George T.