GOAL: I want to find out how much land is agricultural/forest/urban/water/sand within 5km of a point.
WORKFLOW: (SEE IMAGE ATTACHED)
- Download a satellite image from landsat8
- use image classification, maximum likelihood classification
- Now that I have classified what in the image is water, sand, forest, urban, and forest I created a point by creating a shape file and starting an edit session, during which I created the point.
- create a 5km buffer from the point i created, using the buffer tool
- I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO FROM HERE ON OUT.
- I tried using the intersect tool but the only input features are the point and buffer features, not MLCLASS_All_6 (which is what contains the data on agricultural/forest/urban/water/sand)
- I tried "extract by circle" to isolate the 5km area around the point but I don't know the X,Y coordinate of the point.
- I also tried entering another editing session in "MLClass_All_6" and creating a cricle that way but that didn't work either.