Problem printing vector tiles and map image layer with cache with print widget in web appbuilder app

08-11-2020 04:34 AM
RayaKogan
New Contributor

The  print widget generates output map without the vector tile webamp or cached map image , tried several webmaps, even the ESRI topographic map (vector tile) and the output always the same-- white background (see attachment). Map image services without cache are printed on map.

Tried this tutorial: Print maps that contain secured services—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

that was posted on a topic similar to this, but it didn't help.  

Working with Arcgis server 10.7

WAB 2.15

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Raya,

What version of server you have installed? And can you pls share the webmap json that gets sent to the print service?

0 Kudos
RayaKogan
New Contributor

Hi Tanu,

I have AGS 10.7.1.

Here's a json example :

{
"mapOptions": {
"showAttribution": true,
"extent": {
"xmin": -9940174.786463477,
"ymin": 4005428.060090645,
"xmax": -8081226.258568484,
"ymax": 5027849.750432891,
"spatialReference": {
"wkid": 102100
}
},
"spatialReference": {
"wkid": 102100
},
"scale": 4622324.434309
},
"operationalLayers": [{
"id": "World_Hillshade_3805",
"title": "World Hillshade",
"opacity": 1,
"minScale": 0,
"maxScale": 0,
"url": "https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Elevation/World_Hillshade/MapServer"
}, {
"id": "VectorTile_2333",
"title": "World Topographic Map",
"opacity": 1,
"minScale": 0,
"maxScale": 0,
"type": "VectorTileLayer",
"styleUrl": "https://cdn.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/7dc6cea0b1764a1f9af2e679f642f0f5/resources/styles/root.json"
}],
"exportOptions": {
"outputSize": [670, 500],
"dpi": 96
},
"layoutOptions": {
"titleText": "ArcGIS Web Map",
"authorText": "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS",
"copyrightText": "Esri, USGS | VITA, Esri, HERE, Garmin, FAO, NOAA, USGS, EPA, NPS | ",
"customTextElements": [{
"Date": "2/27/2020, 3:13:05 PM"
}],
"scaleBarOptions": {
"metricUnit": "esriKilometers",
"metricLabel": "km",
"nonMetricUnit": "esriMiles",
"nonMetricLabel": "mi"
},
"legendOptions": {
"operationalLayers": []
}
}
}

The output I get is without the topographic map: 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Raya.

Can you pls try using the print service off a Esri SampleServer? It worked for me.

https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%...

Would it be possible the firewall is blocking accessing arcgis.com domain?

here is what I'd do:

also, are you using the print service that comes installed with ArcGIS Enterprise?

0 Kudos
RayaKogan
New Contributor

Hi Tanu, 

1. The AGOL service does print the services in the json I sent earlier. But I need the enterprise service to work with our app. 

2. I loged on with the account running the ArcSOC  and accessed access the json. 

3. I am using the printing service that came with the ArcGIS Enterprise and as mantioned before tried with a custom service as well, but none of them worked for me. Same problem with cached services on both. 

Raya. 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Raya Kogan‌,

I think at this point it is best to reach out to Esri Support. They should be able to dig in further and help you resolve this issue.

Sorry couldn't be any big help.

Tanu

0 Kudos