Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating map with pie chart symbology using numeric fields

Jump to solution
07-22-2020 06:16 PM
AlexBryant
New Contributor

I have a polygon shapefile indicating different districts, together there are some numeric attributes storing like population of male, population of female of each district. I would like to demonstrate them on a map using pie chart symbol to show the percentage of male and female in each district, but failed to do so. How can I achieve this purpose using ArcGIS Insights? Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWesson
Esri Contributor

Many thanks for your question @gisnewbieee.
In ArcGIS Insights we do have the functionality to add pie and column charts to features on maps based on aggregated counts. To show the numeric attributes as you request is not yet possible however, rest assured, we know it is an important use case and appreciate you wanting to use Insights to do so. We are working to add this in the near term.
Custom charts can also be added through R or Python.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisWesson
Esri Contributor

Many thanks for your question @gisnewbieee.
In ArcGIS Insights we do have the functionality to add pie and column charts to features on maps based on aggregated counts. To show the numeric attributes as you request is not yet possible however, rest assured, we know it is an important use case and appreciate you wanting to use Insights to do so. We are working to add this in the near term.
Custom charts can also be added through R or Python.

0 Kudos