AnsweredAssumed Answered

Python Script for Non-GIS Users

Question asked by ModernGIS on Jul 17, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2020 by rvburton

Good Afternoon:

I have been experimenting with a series of Python Scripts that utilize the ArcPy SearchCursor feature that has user input (Enter Meter Number) and the script prints the XFMR, Protective Device and Feeder. This first start out as an experiment to learn more about writing Python scripts and it began me thinking. 

What I would like to do is to take the Python Script and allow others (Non-GIS Users) within my company to use the script. This way, if a user (Engineer, foreman, etc) has a meter number but wants to know the Upstream Protective Device, they can open the script, enter the meter number and get the return value they need. Keep in mind, these users have NO GIS software (ArcDesktop, Python, etc) and simply just viewers. 

Is this something that is possible to convert a Python script to an executable file for Non-GIS users? If so, how do I start.

If I can get it to work, it will open up many possibilities and new query scripts I can build and provide to company users that need to research specific information. 

Appreciate it.

Outcomes