ArcGIS API 1.8 Beta and Xcode 4

04-03-2011 12:07 PM
RobertMartin2
Occasional Contributor II
Hello,

I am trying to create a new project using the 1.8 Beta API in Xcode 4. When I include the Other Linker Flags -all_load and -ObjC, I get 60 Apple Mach-O Linker (Id) errors. When I exclude them, the project builds fine, but the ArcGIS library doesn't seem to be included. What should I do about this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
The quick answer is to uninstall XCode4 and install XCode 3.
(This assumes you can get your hands on a package of #3).

There probably is a manual process of setting up a project without the templates.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I personally to migrate from xCode 3 to 4 is pretty simple, just open the project with xCode 4 and everything should work, if you also migrated to version 1.8, you should add the library libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib that worked for me.
0 Kudos
koaltechs_
New Contributor
I personally to migrate from xCode 3 to 4 is pretty simple, just open the project with xCode 4 and everything should work, if you also migrated to version 1.8, you should add the library libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib that worked for me.

I am newby, just updated to xCode 4 and API v1.8. Could you let me know how to add the library libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib?

Thanks in advance

Alberto
0 Kudos
koaltechs_
New Contributor
Solved! I managed to add the libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib and the CoreText into my project framework. Succesful migration to XCode 4 + API v1.8

Alberto
0 Kudos
SallyGracia
New Contributor II
Solved! I managed to add the libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib and the CoreText into my project framework. Succesful migration to XCode 4 + API v1.8

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I am having the same problem. Where is libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib. all info is greatly appreciated
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
This doc contains instructions on how to set up your Xcode project : http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iOS/1.8/concepts/index.html#/Creating_a_New_Xcode_P...
0 Kudos