NUTS2 (2016)

06-24-2020 08:52 AM
JonathonMoses
New Contributor

I have obtained Eurostat data at the NUTS2 level (for all of Europe), in the post-2016 format.  But all the existing shapefiles I have seen (in ArcGIS pro) use NUTS2 data that employ the NUTS2 criteria from 2013--which are slightly different (e.g. Ireland has 3 categories in the 2013 version; but 3 in the 2016 version).  Does anybody know where I can find a baseline map of NUTS2 (2016), to which I can then "join" my data? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jonathon Moses,

Please see link below:

NUTS - Eurostat 

This will lead you directly to the source at Eurostat. From here you can download NUTS 2016 geodata is different file formats: SHP, TopoJSON, geoJSON, GDB and SVG.

Access to the datasets is additionally provided via the GISCO data distribution REST API which includes data in different projections.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

JonathonMoses
New Contributor

Thanks Egge-Jan!  I am new to ArcGIS pro, and am having difficulties. I tried to upload the .shp files from the Eurostat homepage, but the resulting maps are incomplete. I'm surely doing something wrong. Do you know of a tutorial where i can learn to import the different file formats? 

0 Kudos
JasonLevy
New Contributor

Dear Egge-Jan

Great site! I found a NUTS_AT_2016 standalone table that has the European NUTS_IDs. However, I am struggling to understand which of the specific NUTS 2016 geodata GDB files I need. There are so many (and some seem to correspond to Africa or South America). I include a screen shot

0 Kudos