AppLayout and deep link url

06-22-2020 02:22 PM
SeanKim
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am currently implementing deep link URL (Integrate with other apps—AppStudio for ArcGIS | Documentation) like what iOS and Android app does.

The problem what I encountered, I've been following the correct way to implement it, but I figured out it doesn't work when App Layout wrapped App component. It only works when using 'App' Qml type as a begin of the page.

Is this the only way to using a deep link URL? Or Is there any way to configure it wrapped with App Layout?

Thanks,

Sean

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sean, 

Are you using the URL Scheme or App Links (Beta)? 

By having "App" as the parent of the AppStudio App, you are utilizing the functionalities in AppFramework. 

Can you put your "AppLayout" inside "App"?

Erwin

0 Kudos
SeanKim
New Contributor III

Hi Erwin,

Yes, I am using URL Scheme.

I got a little bit confused with the usage of AppLayout. According to the documentation of this URL (AppLayout QML Type | ArcGIS), 'App' object needs to set as the delegate of 'AppLayout'. Do I need to put AppLayout inside App to use URL scheme properly as like below?

App{

AppLayout{

delegate:??

}

}

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sean, 

My apologies, I was mistaken, you can not have AppLayout inside App. 

As of now, AppLayout does not have the onOpenUrl signal for url-scheme to work, it is only available on App. I think this could be a good enhancement to submit via Esri Technical Support‌ so that it can prioritize accordingly. 

Thank you,

Erwin