Embedded Content Option is Missing

Jump to solution
05-25-2020 06:50 PM
Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to embed a weather web page on my dashboard. The documentation says I should use embedded content. My problem is I can not see the embedded content option. We are using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.

Also, I would like to configure my map to zoom in at a few bookmarks I made based on a specified time interval and sequence.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Below is what I can only see:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dionisio,

> I would like to embed a weather web page on my dashboard. The documentation says I should use embedded content. My problem is I can not see the embedded content option. We are using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.

The Embedded Content element was not part of the first ArcGIS Dashboards release - which is the version included with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. Sorry. I believe you will have to upgrade to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 or later to have that functionality in ArcGIS Dashboards in Portal for ArcGIS. Or simply use ArcGIS Dashboards in ArcGIS Online.

> I would like to configure my map to zoom in at a few bookmarks I made based on a specified time interval and sequence.

This functionality is available in the Map element. You can "turn on" support for spatial bookmarks in the Map element configuration panel.

Map element—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dionisio,

> I would like to embed a weather web page on my dashboard. The documentation says I should use embedded content. My problem is I can not see the embedded content option. We are using Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.

The Embedded Content element was not part of the first ArcGIS Dashboards release - which is the version included with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. Sorry. I believe you will have to upgrade to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 or later to have that functionality in ArcGIS Dashboards in Portal for ArcGIS. Or simply use ArcGIS Dashboards in ArcGIS Online.

> I would like to configure my map to zoom in at a few bookmarks I made based on a specified time interval and sequence.

This functionality is available in the Map element. You can "turn on" support for spatial bookmarks in the Map element configuration panel.

Map element—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Dionisiobattad
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much, Derek.