import web hosted .csv file

Jump to solution
05-16-2020 07:24 AM
WardTaylor
New Contributor

Hi

Using ArcGis Pro 2.5.1 I am trying to import a csv file that is hosted on a website and updated every five minutes.  I have successfully added the file using XYTableToPoint, but that is static and I would like it to be able to update the map as the file is updated on the web.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ward

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WardTaylor
New Contributor

Hi Alix

Thank you so much for your reply. I was able to add a layer containing a reference to the data to an online map and it does seem to periodically refresh the data by itself. I had hoped that I could then add that layer to the map in arcgis pro, but it does not refresh. It looks like I will need to learn something about python and build a geoprocessing script that could download and process the date into a feature layer on a schedule.

Thank you again

Ward

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ward Taylor‌,

Thank you for your question.

Right now, the Data Loading Tools do not entirely support the process you have described. Potentially, you could set up Geoprocessing and schedule your data updates from your source file to your target with the Data Loading Tools, but you would also need an interim process to geocode your data.

Another option that may suit your needs would be to add and publish files from your cloud drive to ArcGIS Online. Please review the associated documentation provided here: Add and publish files from a cloud drive.

0 Kudos
WardTaylor
New Contributor

Hi Alix

Thank you so much for your reply. I was able to add a layer containing a reference to the data to an online map and it does seem to periodically refresh the data by itself. I had hoped that I could then add that layer to the map in arcgis pro, but it does not refresh. It looks like I will need to learn something about python and build a geoprocessing script that could download and process the date into a feature layer on a schedule.

Thank you again

Ward

0 Kudos