On ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1 and File Geodatabases Attribute Rules (Calculation Rules) currently have severe limitations and I wonder if this interesting technology will ever support full data integrity.
- Append / Load Data (GP Tool, ): Attribute Rules are not applied.
- arcpy.da.InsertCursor seems to see the rules but all calculated rows have the same values (from first row).
- Export XML Workspace Document (GP Tool) exports the Attribute Rules elements.
- Import XML Workspace Document (GP Tool) does not import existing Attribute Rules.
- Calculate Field (GP Tool) fails if there are Attribute Rules defined on the same Feature Class.
Due to this limitations there is no overall data integrity.
Is there a hidden File Geodatabase trigger to apply the Attribute Rules after a Load Data?
Even Calculate Field on a dummy field is not such a trigger. The Tool fails with the following error messages:
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail...
Triggering event: Update,
Arcade error: Field not found ELEVATION
Where ELEVATION is an existing field and used within the first Attribute Rule.
If I change values manually row by row the Attribute Rules are applied just for the current row.