Do you have or foresee a need for a geocoder for Roads & Highways users?
The idea is that the route network is considered the authoritative locationing system within an agency's GIS infrastructure, and without a geocoder, there is not a mechanism to transfer data from other siloed databases onto the route network.
Please comment with your thoughts and any functionality you would like to see in addition to:
- Multiple methods to reference off of including
- measure, milepost, intersections, stationing, polygon boundaries (i.e. county).
- Employ temporality
- Consume over a 1,000 records
- Consider route dominance for data placement
- Have a function to fix errors such as out of range or mis-typed route names
Esri partners - Do you have any geocoding tools to share with the RHUG community?
Thanks Patrick Whiteford for pursing this functionality and creating most of this content.