Just when you think you've read every thread about arcpy/Pro to get your script to run and feel confident to have mastered this ridiculous convoluted world, you're back to square zero. I mean I have literally spent hours reading about installation/configuration of Python 3.x/conda with ArcGIS Pro. I've replied to a number of threads feeling knowledgeable enough to chime in. But I don't know what's going on here.
I have an SDE maintenance script running on one server under a service (domain) account, and it works beautifully. I had to:
- Install Pro (this is 2.3).
- Create a Portal user for the service account (for licensing) and make it admin.
- Open Pro on server once and connect to correct portal.
- Upgrade to latest version of arcgis package. No other changes to conda env.
- Only: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3
- Write my script.
- Set up a Windows Scheduled task to use service account and run script with highest privileges
- Grant service account logon-as-service/RDP access
- Cross my fingers, and ..
Boom everything worked.
Now, on server 2, where I did the exact same thing, same script, same tasks, same service account, nothing happens.
- Can't run Python as service account. That gives me an Application Error 0xs0000022.
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022).
Click OK to close the application.
- Inside Pro (running as srv account), I can open Python window but when I import arcpy, I get:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
What am I doing wrong, what step did I skip or screw up on ? Thanks.