AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting Feature Layer as Default in Geoprocessing Service written in Python

Question asked by ARupe@dnr.IN.gov_indnr on Feb 19, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2020 by ARupe@dnr.IN.gov_indnr

Hello! I have a python script for a geoprocessing service. It takes all of the streams that lie inside of polygons selected from up to three different feature layers and runs different calculations (total length, cost, etc.).Currently, when you open the tool (in a widget), you have to specify each of the feature classes for each parameter. That is, there are three drop-down boxes under headings (HUC8, HUC10, County), and you have to select the correct feature class for each parameter.

What I would like to do is have each parameter default to a certain feature class so the user doesn't have to do it each time. I feel like this should be easy, but I can't figure it out (plus, I'm still very new at Python scripting.).

Should this be written in the script, or does it have to be set when the script is served online? Or...?

The script was written for Python 2 to be used in ArcMap (as opposed to ArcPro).

I know more information is needed to help you all answer my question. Please specify what more you need!

Annina

Attachments

Outcomes