Quick Report Template App Size

02-11-2020 08:08 AM
KrishV
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I have configured an app using Quick Report Template. I choose cloud make method and target platform as Android Armv8 (64bit) to get apk file. The generated file size is approximately 60mb. Is it possible to reduce the file size of this apk? I have used the images which are less than 100kb size.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Krish

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

With the template, the way to reduce the size of the app is the resources especially images. Can you take a look at the images that you replaced with the new ones? We can possibly remove the images that were replaced and no longer in use. 

KrishV
by

Hi Erwin Soekianto‌,

thanks for your response. I have checked the folder size by clicking on files from AppStudio for ArcGIS and found the size is only 5.13 MB as shown in below screenshot. But when I upload and make it as app, the size becomes 60 MB.

Can you suggest how to reduce file size?

Thanks,

Krish

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, those are only the source code and resources of the app, but there are other libraries that will be included for the app to work. 

It looks like you have minimized the resource as much as you can, I just created an Android armv8 build from default Quick Report template, and the size is about 59MB, so it is about the same as yours. 

0 Kudos
KrishV
by

Yes Erwin. Is there any way I can reduce the size or it will be approx 60MB?

0 Kudos