Hyperlink to PDF from Web AppBuilder

01-16-2020 05:57 AM
SteveScott
New Contributor III

In Web AppBuilder I need to create a hyperlink to a PDF on the network file system inside the tooltip. Has anyone done this? I am using ArcGIS Enterprise.

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steve,

You will need an actual url to add the hyperlink (use of a UNC path or network drive letter will not do).

SteveScott
New Contributor III

Do you mean I need to serve the files on the web?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steve,

They need to be accessible by a url. That does not mean that they have to be accessible to the public. It could be a url that will only work for your network. But yes you need to create a virtual directory in IIS (if that is your web server) that points to the folder that the pdfs are in.

MikeWeiner13
New Contributor

We have multiple directories containing pdf's for different assets such as manholes and asbuilt polygons.  Is it possible to set up multiple virtual directories on the web server?  If so, how do you reference them when you create the hyperlink in the popup.  We get the url path from the database and they are different between the different tables.

Weird thing is they work great in IE but show the link but do not work in Edge or Chrome.

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

What tooltip are you referring to?

0 Kudos
TylerBurns
New Contributor III

Hello Steve,

Robert is correct-- it is not currently supported to place direct UNC paths to data as links into Web Applications or attribute tables, even on Portal for ArcGIS. Any links used will have to be accessible via the net by hosting the linked file on a WebServer.