AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Mobile Map Package Update

Question asked by Higgy1988 on Jan 15, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2020 by Higgy1988

I have a mobile map package which i created in pro, however i will want to refresh the data.

What is the syntax for setting the input map conatined within the project to create a mobile map package?

For example using the python console in pro mine would be as follows:

arcpy.management.CreateMobileMapPackage("Map Title", r"J:\path\PackageName.mmpk", None, None, "DEFAULT", "SELECT", "Title", "Summary", '<DIV STYLE="text-align:Left;font-size:12pt"><P><SPAN>Sewer Network</SPAN></P></DIV>', "Sewers", None, None, "STANDARD")

This works perfectly, however i want to run a script where i don't have to be in the Python console in Pro.

The code sample in this help article

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/create-mobile-map-package.htm

for a stand alone script is as follows:

arcpy.management.CreateMobileMapPackage( [r"C:\data\Basemap1.mapx", r"C:\data\Map1.mapx"], outputfile, None, r"\\share\layers\AreaOfInterest.lyrx", "DEFAULT", "CLIP", "Title", "Summary", "description", "Tag", "Credits", "Use", "STANDARD", "ENABLE_MAP_EXPIRATION", "DONOT_ALLOW_TO_OPEN", expiration_date, "This map is expired. Contact the map publisher for an updated map.")

but the input is a map file, how do i set the input to be a map within a project?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Outcomes