Having trouble using the Excel-to-Table tool in 10.4

Jump to solution
01-15-2020 05:13 AM
AndrewCooksey
New Contributor II

I am trying to migrate some data that i have in a Microsoft Access database to a table on my GIS server.  In the past i have used Access to export a table to an Excel spreadsheet and then use the Excel-to-Table tool in ArcGIS to convert the spreadsheet into a table that can then be imported to the server and used in my maps.  for some reason though i keep getting an error (see clip below).  Attached is the spreadsheet i am trying to convert.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VictoriaAnderson
Esri Contributor

Hi

I've seen another case where this same issue occurred. I took a look at the data and was able to reproduce the issue on my end. I resolved this by opening the document in excel, and modifying the date mode. Can you give this a try and see if this works?

• Open the document in Excel
  • Go to "File" then "Options" 
  • Under "Advanced" scroll down to "When calculating this workbook: " and check on "Use 1904 date System"
  • Save the file as a new name, and try using this in the Excel to Table tool

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VictoriaAnderson
Esri Contributor

Hi

I've seen another case where this same issue occurred. I took a look at the data and was able to reproduce the issue on my end. I resolved this by opening the document in excel, and modifying the date mode. Can you give this a try and see if this works?

• Open the document in Excel
  • Go to "File" then "Options" 
  • Under "Advanced" scroll down to "When calculating this workbook: " and check on "Use 1904 date System"
  • Save the file as a new name, and try using this in the Excel to Table tool

AndrewCooksey
New Contributor II

I would have never found that setting if you hadn't pointed it out.  It worked out as described.

Thanks!