Select to view content in your preferred language

Sending a very large string to a Rest input connector

01-14-2020 02:30 AM
GeorgesDupont
New Contributor

Hello,

I've an json which contains an image encoded into a string (base64). The json is about 2 MB. I want to send it to a Rest input connector. When i send it, i've the following error message in the geoevent logs :

Error sending message to Kafka destination (665fa052-c04c-480d-80d8-df4ee6e3cb50) The message is 2277368 bytes when serialized which is larger than the maximum request size you have configured with the max.request.size configuration. org.apache.kafka.common.errors.RecordTooLargeException: The message is 2277368 bytes when serialized which is larger than the maximum request size you have configured with the max.request.size configuration.

I didn't find anywhere the max.request.size property, but i've found the socket.request.max.bytes inside the kafka.properties file (\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\gateway\etc). I've increased the size, but after one minute, i've the following error message :

Error sending message to Kafka destination (665fa052-c04c-480d-80d8-df4ee6e3cb50) Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms. org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms

I tried to increase the zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms, but this doesn't change anything.

I tried many things, but in the end i didn't manage to send the Json. Does anybody know if it possible to do this ? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies