SQL statement not working with Join

Jump to solution
01-07-2020 09:21 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a layer (Hydrants) in AGP that I have joined to another layer (1703).  I am trying to run a query to determine where the "Hydrants.Watermainsize" is not equal to the "1703.WATERMAINS" (watermainsize).

Here is my SQL in AGP:

In ArcMap this works with no problems.  Can anyone explain what might be happening in AGP??

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This may be a typo, but you say your join is to a layer called "1703", yet your screen shot shows "1704". Just for giggles, delete the join, rename "170whatever" to something that has no numbers in it, re-do the join, and try the sql expression again. I have a suspicion.....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This may be a typo, but you say your join is to a layer called "1703", yet your screen shot shows "1704". Just for giggles, delete the join, rename "170whatever" to something that has no numbers in it, re-do the join, and try the sql expression again. I have a suspicion.....

BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Thomas,

Yes, that was a typo.  Going back and renaming the joined shapefile worked.  Is it just an issue with there being any number in the table name?  Or was the problem having it ALL numbers??

0 Kudos