Invalid App (widget)

Jump to solution
01-06-2020 11:19 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! i've been trying to load a couple of Robert's custom apps via WAB Dev.  I get to the upload a zip file, and everything still returns 'invalid app', regardless of what file i try to upload.

I created a 'Web Mapping' application - is that not the right one for a widget?

i just cant seem to get my feet under me to get started and it makes me think i've got the app created incorrectly via portal

i'm happy to help answer questions, i just dont know what exact things to be looking for or setting this thing up.

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

To share custom widgets with the organization in Portal you need to host it like any other web application in the IIS, then register it as a portal item and specify its type as an application extention. It's all documented here -

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

(This process is not available for AGOL.. only on-premise Portal).

Shay.

Shay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

Lucas,

I'm don't fully understand your workflow but it sounds like you're trying to follow this tutorial?

I'd recommend you to try and follow the instructions at the following post-

How do you deploy a custom widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS? - Geogra... 

Shay.

Shay
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for your response!  that actually got me further than anything else i've tried

I was able to publish a map w/ the widget, however what i'm trying to do is drop in a few widgets into the organization so that my publishers can select them from the map builder in portal (screenshot) 

widgets

0 Kudos
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

To share custom widgets with the organization in Portal you need to host it like any other web application in the IIS, then register it as a portal item and specify its type as an application extention. It's all documented here -

(This process is not available for AGOL.. only on-premise Portal).

Shay.

Shay
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

updated: it turns out, there were a couple IIS settings that were not set up.

once set up, i could copy the widget to the proper Portal Widget folder, then 'register' it within the web ui

0 Kudos