Using date field to trigger display of another question

12-31-2019 04:20 AM
BenGarstang
New Contributor

Hi there this is my first post and I'm just getting my head around using Survey 123 Connect so bear with me. We have a vacant property inspection form I'm trying to digitise using Survey123 and on this form we currently have a box to record internal temperature degrees C as evidence for insurers lest there be any bursts. Being in the UK our insurers do not require this information to be recorded once the risk of freezing temperatures has passed so from May- end of September we do not need to fill out this question. I'd like to use some form of calculation based on the date of the survey to automatically hide or show whichever way is easiest this question but I can't get my head around how to do this.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.   

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

Have you checked this post yet?

How To: Apply a constraint on a date question in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS 

This might help you to use constraint for your purpose.

0 Kudos
BenGarstang
New Contributor

Hi Schwu-jing Jeng

Apologies for delayed reply I've only just gotten back to dealing with this one. 

I'm not sure that will ideally I need a logic that looks at the month and only poses the question if the date is outside of May-September. Using Maxdate-Mindate combo I'd be limiting to that period in any given year meaning the survey would need updating every year.

Hmm...this is turning out to be trickier than first thought...

Ben

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

Another much easier way is use a YES/No question to constrain the temp question. You could use a YES/NO question such as "Are you taking the survey during May 1st to Septempter 30th?" and make this as a required question. Then based on the answer of YES or NO, show the temp question. This way you do not need to update the survey yearly but probably need to rely on the judgement of the user's answer, instead of validating from the date question.

0 Kudos
BenGarstang
New Contributor

I'm afraid that was exactly what we were trying to avoid. Do you have any other thoughts?

Ben

0 Kudos