Select to view content in your preferred language

Change symbol for zero or no data?

11-26-2019 09:52 AM
TracySchloss
Honored Contributor

For mapping polygon data, can I not change the symbol for just the classification zero or no data?  I would prefer not to have my counties shaded in at all when the value is 0, but I do want them to be accounted for.  I want to still label the name of the county, and I still want it to have a popup, with the name of the county and the zero value.

I can uncheck the box for "draw feature with out of range or no value", but since I have data, it's just the value zero, the counties still shade

I can filter those counties out.  They don't shade in with gray, but they don't label, or have popups.  

If I introduce a second layer of all the counties, then I can see the boundaries, generate labels for each county, but that doesn't work if I want to have popups.  I can never get the right combination of symbology, labels, and contents of the popup.

What should be really simple, isn't.  In Desktop, you can specify a symbol for "no data', but in Maps for Office, that doesn't appear to be an option.  

0 Kudos
0 Replies