AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to troubleshoot Survey123 error: "Failed to submit. String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated."

Question asked by pr.kgodding on Nov 20, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2019 by pr.kgodding

I created a survey that has a select_multiple option in the beginning. For all of the choices to that select_multiple option I have follow-up questions that I've used the 'relevant' field for so that only the ones selected show up. I used the 'selected(${name},'choice') function in the relevant field to do this. When one of my choices is selected a multiline text field shows up. I set that text field's bind::esri:fieldLength field to 10000 in the xlsx form. However, when this text field receives an input that is greater than 255 characters, it throw the error: "Failed to submit. String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated." It's only for this choice. All other choices for the select_multiple option in the beginning of the survey are set up exactly the same, and all allow responses up to the 10000 character limit I assigned in the xlsx form. 

Why is this error occurring in the first place and how can I rectify it?

Outcomes