AnsweredAssumed Answered

Python or ModelBuilder Help

Question asked by 7err@graphic5 on Nov 7, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2019 by 7err@graphic5

Hello All,

I am trying to transition to ArcGIS Pro. I am not very good at programming and needed some help with either Python or ModelBuilder. 

I am tasked with creating maps for our documents to show sampling locations. I currently have all the layers such as the basemap, roads, boundaries, etc. added to the project. Currently, I manually import an edited excel file and I use the "display XY Data" to display the Lat and Long of our tracks to the map. The attribute table contains the following information shown in the attached file.

The excel file is data we took while moving in our vehicle that is equipped with GPS. What I am trying to do is use the information and place a marker point and use a style on that point anywhere that our vehicle was parked for more than 5 min. The excel file name is never the same and is created from data from Igor. The excel file is usually named in the following format (XXXXX DAQ Data XXXXXX.xlsx) where "X" are numbers for the date and case number. I am not sure if this is possible but I figured I would start with my question here.

Hopefully I posted this in the correct area!

Thank you in advance for any help!

Justin

Attachments

Outcomes