AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query for orginal numbers

Question asked by CCweedcontrol on Sep 23, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2019 by CCweedcontrol

I am trying to query a filed to find original parcels, i would like to create a filled and mark the ones that are original and don't have not split. Currently the field is a string with a length of 11. Some parcels have 5, some 8 and some 10 - not including the alph letter. Hopefully i have explained good what I am needing, i am just not sure how to do this. At first i thought of doing unique numbers but some how it would need to know if the first 5 digits are used, there are some duplicate numbers as well. I am kind of lost on how to proceed, if anyone has done something similar could share some code please?

the attributes are as follows for example;

R00062 (Original parcel)--> has R00062010 (Split parcel, next one below) - this is not one i need marked.

R00062010 - Not Original parcel

R32073114 - Not Original parcel 

R32078 - Original parcel because there is no other parcel number associated with it, need this one mark in the new filed.

R32079 - Original parcel because there is no other parcel number associated with it,, need this one mark in the new filed.

R32081 - Original parcel because there is no other parcel number associated with it,, need this one mark in the new filed.

R32082012 - Not Original parcel 

R32083012 - Not Original parcel 

Outcomes