AnsweredAssumed Answered

Installing conda prerequisites error

Question asked by msagram4 on Sep 12, 2019

Hello,

I am exploring the deep learning functions in ArcGIS Pro and have started following this tutorial: arcgis-python-api/detecting_swimming_pools_using_satellite_image_and_deep_learning.ipynb at master · Esri/arcgis-python-… 

To get started with the arcgis.learn module in python, I need to install the prerequisites. The website says:

Data preparation, augmentation and model training workflows using arcgis.learn have a dependency on PyTorch and fast.ai deep learning libraries. They can be installed using conda as follows:

conda install -c fastai -c pytorch fastai=1.0.39 pytorch=1.0.0 torchvision

But when I enter that into my python window in Arc, I get a syntax error. I tried installing Anaconda and Git, and I entered this into the Anaconda Prompt and it seemed to install everything. But when I continue with the tutorial, I still get the message that it needs to be installed:

data = prepare_data(data_path, batch_size=32)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Mesha\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 132, in prepare_data
_raise_fastai_import_error()
File "C:\Users\Mesha\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 22, in _raise_fastai_import_error
raise Exception('This module requires fastai, PyTorch and torchvision as its dependencies. Install it using "conda install -c pytorch -c fastai fastai=1.0.39 pytorch=1.0.0 torchvision"')
Exception: This module requires fastai, PyTorch and torchvision as its dependencies. Install it using "conda install -c pytorch -c fastai fastai=1.0.39 pytorch=1.0.0 torchvision"

Is there anyone who can tell me what I need to change so that this works? I can't seem to find any resources online that address this. Thank you!

Outcomes